Despite not being able to hold November and December meetings due to Covid concerns, members from GFWC woman’s club of Ste Genevieve held a Shop N Drop donation drive for the Ronald Mc Donald house in St. Louis. Selected members throughout the county put collection totes on their porches for other members to drop off the items. Hundreds of individual snacks, candy, and 4 pounds of tabs from cans were collected and delivered to the St. Louis location. We met a mother staying at the house while their premature baby gets strong enough to go home with her. She was grateful for everything the house has done for her and for the generosity of groups who help.
Despite having to cancel the November GFWC Woman’s Club of Ste. Genevieve meeting due to Covid concerns, members rallied to be sure the girls at Missouri Girls Town would have a great Christmas. They held a drive through donation drop off and then delivered everything to Girls Town. The combined efforts of all the members brought happiness to these girls during the holidays.
Picture 1: GFWC Mo State President Judy Gustafson, GFWC Mo Art & Culture Chairman Carolyn Bach and Ste. Genevieve GFWC Woman’s Club Member Carol Shelton, just finished volunteering to hang a dozen 1930’s Art Colony pieces of art on loan by the club to the National Historic Park of Ste. Genevieve in the historic J.B. Valle Home to be open to the public for viewing on October 3, 2020.
Picture 2: The GFWC Woman’s Club of Ste. Genevieve signed an agreement on September 22, 2020, with the National Historic Parks Department to loan the 1930’s Art Colony paintings to be displayed in the historic J.B. Valle Home. The General Federation of Women’s Clubs of Missouri State President, Judy Gustafson, is shown holding the agreement with National Historic Park of Ste. Genevieve Superintendent, Christopher Collins.
Picture 3: Carol Shelton and Carolyn Bach hanging a painting from the 1930’s Art Colony that was among more than a dozen that were donated to the GFWC Woman’s Club of Ste. Genevieve and now on loan agreement for public display to the National Historic Park Service in Ste. Genevieve.